No. GB Eyeblack is a temporary tattoo. Yale University performed a study in 2003 and concluded stickers do not block the glares from the sun. Stickers are more likely to fall off while sweating.
Do they actually block the glares?
Yes. GB Eyeblack attracts the sun’s glare into the tattoo and does not reflect back into the eye.
Will they fall off when I sweat?
No. Because they are temporary tattoos, they will stay on until you decide to remove them.
Will they smear if I wipe my face?
No. Unlike grease, GB Eyeblack will not smear onto your hands or clothing if you wipe your face. They stay looking clean cut until you remove them.
Are they safe for my skin?
Yes. GB Eyeblack has been tested and is hypoallergenic. If you are concerned about how yourskin will react, we suggest you test one strip on the back of your hand.
Do I need water to put them on?
No. It is a dry transfer process, which means no water is needed. You just need a dry, clean face and pressure from your finger tips to place them on.
How do I put them on?
- Make sure your face is clean and dry. Sweat and oil on the skin will not allow for a smooth transfer. If your skin is oily, wash with soap and water or clean with an alcohol wipe before attempting to put on the eye black.
- Cut out 2 eye black strips.
- Remove paper back and place on desired location on the skin below your eye.
- Apply pressure for 10-20 seconds ensuring one side transfers to your skin.
- Test one side to see if transfer process is a success, if not, continue to apply pressure until it is.
- Peel off plastic film.
Why isn’t it sticking to my skin?
If the tattoos are not transferring to the skin, thoroughly clean and dry the area or use an alcohol swab across the area. Any sweat or oil on the skin will prevent the tattoo from transferring.
How do I take them off?
Gently rub with soap and water for 1 minute. Starting at the end of the tattoo, peel off.
Can I customize them?
Yes. They are fully customizable. The background can be any color and you can put any logo or lettering on the front as long as it does not infringe upon trademarks or copyrights. There is a minimum order requirement. Head here for more information!
Is there an initial setup fee?
No. We do not charge a setup fee for custom orders.